Dear All,

I am curious to know if there is a way to have more than 120,000 variables (ideally infinite) in Stata? I mean by using extremely powerful machines? If no, why such a limit is set?

This becomes repeatedly important for me since I generate a lot of vars (or tempvars) which are used in the analysis that I am doing currently. I cannot create the variables first because of the maxvar limit and hence have to generate variables in batches and run the rest of the program on them. This solves my problem but then it increases the runtime of my program too much since a lot of thing get repeated in loops that I run to generate the vars in batches.

I am just wondering if this limit can be set to ideally say infinite?

Sorry if my concern looks silly. I am just curious to know.

Thanks
Amit