Good day,

So I have a data set (panel data) counting lots of variables. But for now I am only interested in counting the observations of each year (period) and the corresponding country.
So for example: I have multiple observations on Argentina for year period 1, and I have also multiple observations on Argentina for year period 2... and so on.
In total, there are 6 time periods.
(Only 10 countries in the first period, but for example up to 60 countries in period 6)

I have tried to work with distinct however when using ed Stata gives me a list of all my observations without summing the periods/countries in one row.
I would like to retrieve a table that counts the number of observations for each country within each time period.

Please do not get confused about the year periods, it just serves as a time variable.

Thank you very much in advance!