Dear experts,

I have a conversion error from my values from Excel to Stata.

The issue is that for some companies, Stata does not recognise the decimal numbers from Excel as such.

For example, you can see in the attached screenshots that the number 8,726 (in blue from Excel) is given in Stata as an incredibly high value of 8,726 * 10^15, while the other values from Excel were correctly transferred. Normally, therefore, 8726 should also have been given in Stata. Furthermore, you can see that the value 18,000 (from Excel) was only transferred to Stata with an 18.

Array

Array

I have already redrawn my sample from the company database called Dafne, but the problem recurs in all samples. So the problem must be with Stata.

Is anyone familiar with this conversion error and can you tell me what I did wrong and should do now?

Thank you very much