Hi,

Sorry to be that guy, but I can't find any stata help files or forum posts to clear this up. If anyone can recommend a change to my code that would be great.

I've overlaid two lowess scatter plots onto one graph using the code below quite easily:

lowess d_Originality_Lv Complex_Problem_Solving_Lv , addplot(lowess d2_Originality Complex_Problem_Solving_Lv)

However, when the graph is generated it shows only the observations for the first variable, 'd_Originality_Lv', against the independent var 'Complex_Problem_Solving_Lv'. The lowess lines show the relationship I want to convey, but if I could have observation dots for both the sets of data overlaid in slightly different colours, this would give some substance to the different forms of the lowess lines.

I can't find any way to code the legend or graph code to show both sets of observations. Also, the output is okay right now and I wouldn't want to specify a legend(...) command and lose the other legend elements which appear automatically because I don't quite know how to code them myself. I could potentially work it out if need be, though.

Thanks in advance.