About xttobit "re"
I have 3years panel data and try to estimate correlation between damage cost of disaster in 200 municipalities and some variables such as precipitation or land type dummy. Since the damage cost can be 0 when no rain in some municipalities, I think I need to use tobit model. Also, I studies that tobit could only take random effect.

However, I used to use panel data regression before and at that time, I had to test if random effect/ fixed effect model is better fitting. I am not sure if I could use "re" option in the "xttobit" command without test.

About Margins,
I need to estimate future damage cost if future precipitation would be certain amount, let's say in 2100, precipitation of A area will be 2000mm annually then what the damage cost will be.
I have data of current precipitation and damage cost.

Is this right to do?

Code:
xttobit y x1 x2 x3..., re
Code:
margins, dydx (x1,x2,x3...)
Even if i get result of margins, I am not sure how to interpret the value because it is panel data of 3 years.

Any suggestion will be welcome.
Thank you in advance.