Hi,

I am using Stata MP 14 do-file editor, both on a Windows and Ubuntu Linux machine. The transition between the two setups works smoothly, except for the comments. Example:

When I write the following do-file in Windows:

Code:
reg y1 = x1 x2              //Comment 1
reg y2 = x1 x2              //Comment 2
the comments are not aligned under Linux. The code looks frequently like this:

Code:
reg y1 = x1 x2              //Comment 1
reg y2 = x1 x2                           //Comment 2
Given that Stata uses UTF8 encoding on both types of machines, I found this issues quite confusing.

While this might seem to be a minor issue, when writing rather complex code, things get pretty messy. Therefore, I am wondering if I can fix this issue somehow. Are there any settings that I might have overlooked? Are you aware of alternative editors (on Linux) that work well with code written in Windows?

I am very grateful for your help!