Hi all. I appear to be in deep, so hoping anyone can help.

Im doing an exam in quantative methods. For this exam I want to study the effect of the amount of veto-actors on the election turnout, with data from 23 different countries between 1950-2017. The id variable is then country and the time-variable is year. My dependent variable (election turnout) and independent variable (veto-actors) are observed in different years across the different countries, as elections take place irregularly from country to country. Some of my control-variables are measured yearly, while others with regular intervals and others with missing variables some years, depending on the country. So when my x and y observations don't take place in the same year in every country, and when my control-variables are measured with such variation, can i still run a meaningful regression? And what should I have to be aware of when I do so?

Kind regards from a rather stressed student.