Hi all,

I am a beginner to Stata and from watching videos can get a grasp of basic OLS, probit models etc when using a small dataset. I have been putting together a large dataset (20,000 firms) of accounting data for some time now which includes the number of employees, employee growth (yearly %), revenue, revenue growth (yearly %), profit, intangibles, tangibles, cash, liquidity ratios, gearing ratios and another 15 variables. I have accounting data from 2010 - 2018. Below is a sample of how my spreadsheet is laid out:

ID Number | List of Countries | Firm Age | Employees 2010 | Employees 2011 | Employees 2012...and so on up until 2018 | Revenue 2010 | Revenue 2011 | Revenue 2012...and so on up until 2018.

I have looked at so many videos and examples but cannot get my head out around it. I have declared data to be panel data and followed different methods but when trying basic linear regression either fixed or random effects, I keep getting error messages. Is it because the way my spreadsheet is laid out? I am basically trying to look at employee growth rates/revenue growth rates as the dependent variable and seeing what impact other variables have on growth patterns.

If anyone can assist or share some videos that may help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.