Hello,

I am trying to find where my Mac saves new packages that I download from Stata.

I tried typing in Stata -adopath- and this is the output:
. adopath
[1] (BASE) "/Applications/Stata/ado/base/"
[2] (SITE) "/Applications/Stata/ado/site/"
[3] "."
[4] (PERSONAL) "~/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/personal/"
[5] (PLUS) "~/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/plus/"
[6] (OLDPLACE) "~/ado/"

The #5 indicates where I can find the "plus" folder but when I follow this path, it's not there. When I go to Library > Application Support....there is no "Stata" folder, no "ado" folder, and no "plus" folder.

I tried an alternative on my Mac:
Applications > Stata > ado ... but still no "plus" folder. What I see within the ado folder here is "base" but I cannot see the newest packages I downloaded.

I also tried to simply search my Mac for the "plus" folder and NOTHING shows up in the search. So when I download new packages, how can I find where they are located on my Mac?

Thank you,
Irina

P.S. I am not super computer literature so if you can be generously detailed in your suggested steps, I would be very grateful