Dear Statalist,

I need to create a database using several (hundreds) of excels like the one I show below. The problem is that I do not know how to do it since the name of each file does not follow a consecutive order. I mean, the first file could be NACE0113 and the second one NACE0119...
Another problem is that there are several rows at the beginning that I do not need, in fact I only need from row 11 onwards. However, I also need to differentiate with respect to when x1 is the median (rows 14 to 36), or x1 is the mean (rows 39 to 61) for the different years. So, an optimal solution (as far as I see) would be to put first the median like (mex1 mex2...) and then as other different variables the means like (mnx1 mnx2...) for the different years.
I do not know if this is possible, but i am pretty lost here.
Do you know of any way that help to solve this, or any other solution?
Thanks in advance. Array