Dear Statalist users,

I am trying to unzip a large number of .7z files in Stata. I am a MAC OS users, I downloaded the 7zip package from Homebrew following these steps and I can now easily unzip 7zip files in my terminal. However when I am trying to execute these commands in the Stata terminal it fails. I get the following error message:

Code:
shell 7z e bilans_saisis_20200312.7z

zsh:1: command not found: 7z
It seems the shell command cannot be used with 7z. I am aware of the unzipfile command but I don't think it is working with 7z. I am not an expert of the shell command nor of using terminal commands in Stata but does someone have an idea of how to unzip 7zip using Stata on Mac OS ? Is there a way to at least call the terminal from Stata and unzip all my files ? I know it is possible for Windows users but I can't get a way of doing the same thing for Mac OS users. I am using Stata 14.

Thank you,
Nicolas