Hi everyone,

It seems like using the CODE delimiters and -dataex- is a hurdle for new posters (particularly -dataex-). I've tried to help people along by creating a short tutorial on using them and why they are important.

I'm looking for your feedback on ways I could improve it or things that I should change in the next go round (I consider the current posting a "rough draft"). The video is longer than I expected, and has too many “ums” and pauses (and you’ll notice a phone call I tried to edit out around 5:20). Definitely listen to it at 1.5 or greater

Also note: While I am awesome with Excel and pretty good with Stata, I am a novice video editor, and so if anyone wanted to help me edit some of that stuff out, that would be appreciated. I recorded this using Screencast-o-matic (yes, that’s its real name). It’s low budget (I paid $20 for 3 yrs), but I haven’t sat down to learn Camtasia or any of the Adobe products

So if you say, "Why don't you add in some awesome intro music like the video put out by StataCorp" I will likely respond, "Thanks - show me how to do that."

The YouTube video is here https://youtu.be/bXfaRCAOPbI

The Statalist post on converting incident data to weekly rates is here


All the best,
--David