Hi,

I've started using Stata17 and never experienced the following problem with past version:
I am importing an excel sheet which contains a column with dates (in a "Date" format in excel) in the following form:
"2020-10-14 11:11:10 AM"
"2020-10-14 4:15:30 PM"
...

Only the date (and not the time) is displayed in excel. When importing the file, Stata automatically imports the column in a %td format, though when tabulating the data, the table contains a different row per observation, as if it imported the data in %tC format. Moreover, when converting the column to %tC format (or %tc format), I get the following column instead:
"01jan1960 00:00:22"
"01jan1960 00:00:22"
...
Again, I get a different row per observation when tabulating.

In the past, date variables would be imported in strings - it would then be easy to convert them into %td and %tC variables. Unsure if it's do to the Stata version or if there's an issue with my Excel file. I was able to import the same Excel sheet without an issue with Stata15.

Thanks