I would like to create a variable in which I code 1 if a certain threshold in several other indicators is met. 0 only if the threshold is not met in any of the variables. In my case, I'm trying to assess the "objective" interest of a country in migration if the share of immigrants OR the share of emigrants OR the share of remittances/GDP is beyond my thresholds.

I did the following:

. gen miginterest1=1 if immi_share>=0.15
. replace miginterest1=1 if emi_share>=0.15
. replace miginterest1=1 if remit_share>=15

*Since I needed the rows that didn't meet my threshold to be coded as 0 I did:
. mvencode miginterest1, mv(0)

* the problem is that this also codes countries where there is missing information as 0, which it should't. I tried to recode, if and replace if but it didn't work. It's probably a straightforward syntax issue but any help would be appreciated! Thanks!