Hi all! Apologies for the possibly beginner question, I've been searching this forum all afternoon and have not been able to figure out how to do this.
I'm currently working with a survey dataset with two waves (wave 1 and wave 2). Each observation is a particular individual belonging to a particular social group, in a particular state, in wave 1 or 2 of the survey. I'm looking to do two things. First, for each wave I want to find the number of individuals in state x and group i who are employed by the public sector (a binary variable in my dataset), as a percent of the total number of individuals belonging to that social group in that state. Then, I'd like to find the percent change between waves for each (state, group) pair.

So if 25% of individuals (observations) in state 1 who are part of group 3 are employed in the public sector in wave 1, and 30% of individuals in state 1 who are part of group 3 are employed in the public sector in wave 2, then I would want this variable to be equal to ((30-25)/25)*100=10%.

I would appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks so much!