Hi. I am new to Stata, and coming back to data analysis after 20 years since my undergraduate. I am sure that this is a simple fix, but there is nothing specific in all of the youtubes and manuals - unless I just haven't been able to find it yet!

I have a data set which measures company performance over a 6 year period that I am want to analyse as panel data. I have 53 firms measured over this period with a total of 378 observations.

It appears as:

Year Company A Score C Score R Score Combined Score Q Score ROA
2013 Acme 5 7 9 21 1 5.6
2014 Acme
2015 Acme
2016 Acme
2013 Bacme
2014 Bacme
2015 Bacme
How do I fix this structure so that stata recognises the panel, and not 378 individual observataions?

I have been restrudying reshaping etc, but no luck.

Do I need to go back and restructure the information in the initial Excel spreadsheet, or is there a command that I could use in Stata?

Thanks so much in advance!