Hi,

First a little bit of background: I am working with a dataset with N = 90 cases. I have 14 dependent variables that are all binary and 4 independent variables (2 binary variables, 1 nominal variable, and 1 continuous variable). Because of the small number of cases, I am performing Firth logistic regression using the firthlogit command. For every dependent variable I am running a separate Firth logistic regression analysis.

The problem I run in to is the following: For some of the dependent variables, there is a very low number of events (the lowest number of events are 1, 2, 3, and 5). So my question is, does is make sense to run the Firth logistic regression analysis if the number of events is so low? Is there a certain cut of when it is not advisable to sun these analyses?

All models do run, but the 95% confidence intervals become very large.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Wouter