Hi!

When it comes to Stata, I am a complete rookie. I have a question on which type of method I should be using in Stata with the current dataset I want to analyze. Please excuse my poor English.

I have gathered secondary data on the economic situation (net worth minus the worth of real estate) of 20 000 households in a city in my country, divided into 18 districts. I also have secondary data on the housing prices in the city, divided into the same 18 districts, and also separated into three categories: apartments, detached houses and townhouses.

Using the net worths and housing prices, I want to find out how much cash an average household in a specific district have when they sell their house, apartment etc.

The dependent variable is the household's worth when they sell their real estate, and I guess the household's net worth (before selling their estate) and the housing prices are independent variables. But what about the 18 districts and the three categories of housing? And how would this be done in Stata? Which method can be used? Every reply means a ton, Thanks in advance.