Hello, I have the following dataset:

clear
input str1 item year1 year2 year3 year4 year5
"A" 1 0 0 0 1
"B" 0 0 0 1 1
"C" 1 1 1 1 1
"D" 1 0 0 0 0
"E" 1 1 1 0 0
end

The data shows that, for instance, item A occurs in year 1 and year 5 but not in year 2, 3 and 4.

I would like to show this in a graph where the item variable is on the y-axis and the year1, year2, year3, year4 and year5 variables are on the x-axis. For item A, for instance, there would be a marker for year 1 and year 5 but there would be no marker for year 2, 3 and 4.

Ideally, the y-axis would be sorted according to the sum of items' occurences, so item D would be at the bottem end of the y-axis and item C at the top end of the y-axis.

I have tried graph dot and twoway dot with multiple versions of reshaped data but I cannot produce the graph I want.

Any suggestions? Thank you!