Dear Statalisters!

I have problems with my time variable. I tried to use this commando:

xtset importer1 Year
But I get this error message:

repeated time values within panel

My data looks like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_12911_1546025221248_158[/ATTACH]


I encoded Importer and Year with this commando:

encode Importer, gen(importer1)
encode Year1, gen(Year)



[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_12912_1546025246080_192[/ATTACH]

In my data, i have 27 Importers and around 165 Exporters. I want to examine how imports from the Exporters to the Importers change during crisis and depending on if the Importer have euro or not.
The problem seems to be that the same year is used several time for the same Importer. Is it even possible for me to use panel data with my data set? If it is, how should I proceed?

Best reg(ression)ards,

Gabriel Bladh
Stockholm
Sweden