Dear all,

I'm new in this forum and also pretty new to Stata, so I don't know if my question is actually quite easy or maybe stupid, but since I've been stuck with this problem for ages, I hope someone can help me:

I have a panel dataset and since my dependent variable is categorical (with three different outcomes, whereas 0 is the base), I'm running a multinomial logit model (mlogit).
This model includes two independent variables and also an interaction between both of the independet variables and a third variable.

Now I read that “an explanatory variable’s marginal effect does not equal the variable’s model coefficient”. Therefore I wanted to create average marginal effects for the result of the multinomial logit model.
So I used the following commands:

margins, dydx(*) predict(outcome(1))
margins, dydx(*) predict(outcome(2))

This worked well for the "direct" effects of the variables, but not for the interaction.

Is there a possibility, to show also the marginal effects of the two interactions?

Thanks in advance and kind regards.