I am currently writing my master thesis, where I analyze the effect of hurricanes on the stock market. I have an unbalanced panel dataset with stock returns over several days prior to and after each hurricane over a time frame of several years. I created a dummy variable "hurricane" taking the value 1 if the stock is affected that day by a hurricane, 0 otherwise. I included time-fixed as well as firm-fixed effects and clustered the standard error on firm-level. I have run the following regression as a baseline model:

xtreg RET i.hurricane i.date, fe vce(cluster PERMNO)

Some stocks are never affected, whereas others are affected once or even multiple times. The dummy is intermittent (switches "on and off")

Question:
My understanding is, that this variable can be seen as the interaction term post*treated in the diff-in-diff model, is that correct? Is the TWFE model equivalent to the generalized DID?

Any help would be highly appreciated!! Have a great NYE!