Hi,

I'm using Stata/SE 16.1.
My dataset is a panel data and contains the financial statement and key figures of all companies within a certain industry over 27 years.

I'm writing about the wealth tax in Norway, and want to investigate how it affects companies as the owners often takes out dividends from the companies to pay the wealth tax.
I want to use regress with different types of key figures to check if there is any evidence that wealth tax affects the companies financial status. For example:

regress liquidity ratio as dependet variable, and profit, wealth tax and dividend as independent variables.

I understand that i can't use log of profit, as this is negative for many of the companies. But if i regress it without log, the results will be 0.. I understand why, but is there any way to solve this problem?

Hope this was understandable! Thank you