Dear all,

I am sorry if this question has been asked before but I ran into a dead-end with a project for university. I have to produce a descriptive table that includes categorical variables and metric variables. The table needs to contain frequency of the categorical variables and measures of central tendency for metric variables. I was planning on using the tabout command. However this far it has not been working.

My code is the following:

Code:
 //Beginn Table Creation
 tabout leftright dConfession1 dConfession2 dConfession3 dConfession4 dConfession5 politicalinterest churchattendance education dsex1 dsex2 deast1 deast2 age income /// Selcting Variables
 using summary.docx, replace style(docx) 
 font(bold) oneway c(freq col cum) f(0c 1) ///
 clab(Count Col_% Cum_%) sum ///    
 npos(col) nlab(Sample)  ///
 title(Table 9: A oneway table) ///
 fn(Source: nlsw88.dta) open ///
The last two variables age and income are the metric ones the rest is categorical. I welcome suggestions of any kind.

Thank you for your help already.

Best regards

Emily