Hi!

I was wondering whether someone could help me with the following,

I am trying to interpret an interaction effect in stata (see below)

eth_other is a dummy variable, in comparison to those who identify as white

working is a dummy variable in comparison to those who are ILO unemployed or economically inactive.

MCZ_2 dependent variable = self esteem scores

How would i go about interpreting the interaction effect created by the newly generated variable work_eth_o? I have noted how when confounded with work, eth_other self esteem scores shift from a negative relationship upon self-esteem to a positive one. I am tempted to say that when confounded with being in work, those who identify with an ethnicity that is not white, have .81 higher self esteem scores in comparison to those who identify as white (comparison category for eth_other) and not in work (comparison category for not working?)

I hope that made sense - any help would be much appreciated!

Array